About the Alumni Hall of Fame Distinguished Educator Award
The Clayton Alumni Hall of Fame Distinguished Educator Award was created to recognize a Clayton educator, who, during his/her time at the School District of Clayton, gained distinction through his/her passion and commitment to teaching and to the students in the District. The Clayton Education Foundation is currently accepting nominations for the 2018 Hall of Fame Distinguished Educator Award. A nomination form must be submitted for an educator to be considered for the award. Download the nomination form or complete the form online. View the list of past Distinguished Educator awardees.
Criteria for Consideration
In order to be considered for this prestigious award, the educator must have served at one of Clayton’s schools and made significant contributions to enriching the lives of Clayton students. The nominee cannot be a current employee of the District.
The Clayton Alumni Hall of Fame Distinguished Educator Award nomination form must be used to nominate an individual.
- The nominator must provide current contact information for the nominee or his/her closest living relative or friend. Posthumous nominations will be considered. Educators can self-nominate.
- Nominations will not be made public.
- All nominations and corresponding materials will become property of the Clayton Education Foundation. Nominations will not be returned to the nominator, reprinted for the nominee or otherwise distributed.
- Nominations will be accepted through Dec. 15, 2017, and inductees will be notified by February 2018.
- An official announcement will be made in March 2018.
- Inductees will be honored at a ceremony in the spring of 2018.
- Nominees will not be contacted. Only those persons selected for induction as a Distinguished Educator into the Hall of Fame will be personally contacted.
- Nominations submitted in 2018 that are not selected for induction will be rolled over one term for consideration in the 2020 Hall of Fame. After 2020, a new nomination will need to be submitted.
- Persons selected for induction as a Distinguished Educator must be able to attend the Hall of Fame event in the spring of 2018. If a selected person cannot attend, his/her induction will be postponed to 2020.
- Nominations can be submitted via the online form, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Hall of Fame
- Nomination Committee at #2 Mark Twain Circle, Clayton, MO 63105.
A complete nomination will include a one-page typed letter from the nominator with a concise statement summarizing reasons why the candidate is worthy of such distinction.
Download the nomination form or complete the form online.