The Clayton Alumni Hall of Fame was established in conjunction with the celebration of the 100th graduating class from Clayton High School in 2010. The Hall of Fame recognizes and honors the accomplishments of Clayton graduates who continue to bring pride and inspiration to the School District of Clayton, the community and society. The Clayton Education Foundation is currently accepting nominations for the 2018 induction ceremony. A nomination form must be submitted for a graduate to be considered for the award. Download the nomination form or complete the form online. View the list of past inductees.
In order to be considered for this prestigious award, the nominee must have graduated from CHS at least 10 years prior to nomination and meet one or more of the following criteria:
Excellence in service to a recognized profession such as law, education, medicine, science, journalism, etc.
- Outstanding success in trade, business or industry.
Demonstrated high achievement in one or more recognized fields of cultural endeavor such as music, theater, dance, literature, etc.
Significant contributions to the community at large through volunteering or charitable contributions.
- The Clayton Alumni Hall of Fame standard nomination form must be used to nominate an individual.
- The nominator must provide current contact information for the nominee or his/her closest living relative or friend. Posthumous nominations will be considered. Graduates can self-nominate.
- Nominations will not be made public.
- All nominations and corresponding materials will become the property of the Clayton Education Foundation. Nominations will not be returned to the nominator, reprinted for the nominee or otherwise distributed.
- Nominations will be accepted through Dec. 15, 2017, and inductees will be notified by February 2018.
- An official announcement will be made in March 2018.
- Inductees will be honored at a ceremony in the spring of 2018.
- Nominees will not be contacted. Only those persons selected for induction into the Hall of Fame will be personally contacted.
- Nominations submitted in 2018 that are not selected for induction will be rolled over one term for consideration in the 2020 Hall of Fame. After 2020, a new nomination will need to be submitted.
- Persons selected for induction must be able to attend the Hall of Fame event in the spring of 2018. If a selected person cannot attend, his/her induction will be postponed to 2020.
- Nominations can be submitted via the online form, emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the Hall of Fame Nomination Committee at #2 Mark Twain Circle, Clayton, MO 63105.
A complete nomination will include a one-two page typed letter from the nominator stating why you feel the candidate should be inducted and highlighting the following:
- Contribution to/success in profession (academics, arts, athletics, business, communications, government service, health, law/justice, medicine, military, politics, publishing, technology, etc.). What sets the candidate apart from others in his/her area of contribution?
- Expertise in area of candidate’s contribution. What level of knowledgeable does the candidate have in his/her area of contribution?
- Contribution to community at large. Explain the role the candidate has played in helping to advance the broader community.
- Reputation among the community at large. Is the candidate well respected by his/her peers and community at large?
Download the nomination form or complete the form online.